ESC meeting minutes: 2020-04-02

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Thu Apr 2 19:12:07 UTC 2020

Am 02.04.20 um 20:52 schrieb Ilmari Lauhakangas:
> As you can see from this, interest in Jitsi has grown 100x during the
> pandemic: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=jitsi
>
> They are absolutely slammed with user support requests right now, so
> let's give them peace to work on all these improvements.

I guess the incentive to get video conferencing (VC) fixed on whatever
side has now much increased, especially if you were following the Zoom
debate and other VC related privacy problems and solutions; either if
real or not.

The old FF bug just (three days ago) got a priority boost to P1 and
someone assigned. I don't think there is any need for us / me to get
involved in it, except if someone wants to help fixing either FF or
Jitsi stuff. Still I'll test, if chromium on Debian and Ubuntu is an
alternative, if just for VC meetings.