Problems porting LibreOffice to FreeBSD/powerpc64/clang

Justin Hibbits chmeeedalf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 18:48:31 UTC 2020

Piotr Kubaj has posted before about his troubles compiling LibreOffice
for FreeBSD/powerpc64, with LLVM/clang.  I took up the task to finish
his work, but I've done all I know to do, and am running into strange
segmentation faults.

Attached is my patchset that builds successfully with GCC9 on FreeBSD
12.1, and compiles with Clang 10 on FreeBSD 13, but gengal.bin
segfaults when building 'normally', but when building with
--enable-debug, it triggers a weird exception loop, where it's in an
infinite loop looking for Gallery/people/people<N>.thm, with 'N' ever
increasing.

After spending a few days looking at it, I've been unsuccessful
determining if it's a bug in libunwind, libreoffice, or clang/llvm.
I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Justin Hibbits