RFC removing the XPrimitive2D (and related) UNO classes

Noel Grandin noelgrandin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 17:46:08 UTC 2020

Hi

I notice when performance tuning that our drawinglayer stuff spends quite
some time converting back and forth between XPrimitive2D and BasePrimitive
stuff and copying sequence->vector and vector->sequence.

Now as far as I can see (analysis below), the stuff exposed in our UNO
layer is not usable from extensions because it doesn't tie into anything
useful, so nothing should change as far as that goes.

The benefit is that it becomes easier to optimise the copying and moving
around of this stuff if it is C++ layers all the way down, with no UNO
stuck in the middle of it.

First stage of this change here:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/92107

Regards, Noel

offapi/com/sun/star/graphic/XPrimitive2D.idl
    exports method
        sequence< XPrimitive2D > getDecomposition()
    exports methods
        css::geometry::RealRectangle2D getRange()

offapi/com/sun/star/graphic/XPrimitive2DRenderer.idl
    exports method
        com::sun::star::rendering::XBitmap rasterize()

offapi/com/sun/star/graphic/Primitive2DTools.idl
    service which provides
        XPrimitive2DRenderer

offapi/com/sun/star/graphic/XEmfParser.idl
    exports method
        sequence< XPrimitive2D > getDecomposition()

offapi/com/sun/star/graphic/XPdfDecomposer.idl
    exports method
        sequence< XPrimitive2D > getDecomposition()

offapi/com/sun/star/graphic/XSvgParser.idl
    exports method
        sequence< XPrimitive2D > getDecomposition()
    exports method
        any getDrawCommands()

offapi/com/sun/star/graphic/XPrimitiveFactory2D.idl
    exports method
        sequence< XPrimitive2D > createPrimitivesFromXShape(
            [in] ::com::sun::star::drawing::XShape xShape,
    exports method
        sequence< XPrimitive2D > createPrimitivesFromXDrawPage(
            [in] ::com::sun::star::drawing::XDrawPage xDrawPage,