SKIA on Windows Roadmap (ESC agenda item)

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 25 08:39:15 UTC 2020

Hello,

I had commented tdf#132323 but here are some points which should be dealt
with:
1) if Luboš doesn't want or can't anymore fix the Skia bugs, whatever the
reasons, who will be able to fix these bugs?
Indeed, 95% of Skia patches are from Luboš. So for me it's a risk.
Ideally there should be someone not from Collabora, nothing against this
company but LO shouldn't rely exclusively from it for this very central
part.

2) Even if Luboš does a great job fixing Skia bugs, there are only 6 opened
now on about 50 bugs declared on tdf#129062 (Meta Skia).
However it seems only LO people declared Skia bugs therefore I expect far
more bugs when it'll be default in 7.0. So I think we should keep the
possibility to revert the default option for 7.0.1/7.0.2 just in case.
For those who would consider this as very hypothetical, just consider
Firebird experience.

3) Is there some documentation to facilitate newcomers or not LO newcomers
devs to work on this?
(I found nothing in https://wiki.documentfoundation.org)

Julien

--