undeclared build-time dependency on libnumbertext 1.0.6

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Fri Aug 7 16:29:02 UTC 2020

Hi,

A question related to this issue: I started to add Old Hungarian
numbering to Writer
> (https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/99950) and the UI will
> contain Old Hungarian
> numbers, see the attached screenshot, so I plan to update the
> noto-fonts-20171024.tar.gz
> tarball, adding also the fortunately small (45 kB)
> NotoSansOldHungarian-Regular.otf to help to
> fix the potential font issue [note: the screenshot contains another
> problem: showing squares
> at the place of 1-character non-Unicode BMP text spans].
>
> There is a bug report for Linux Mint
> (https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon/issues/9458),
> also an older one for Debian
> (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=908817).
> I am going to file a bug for my LibreOffice patch related to the
> numbering, maybe for
> Noto font update in LibreOffice. Do you suggest something similar for
> Debian (Ubuntu) etc.,
> or it is not necessary?

My LO packages do not include any fonts - except OpenSymbol of course.

So anything which you might use here should use something also in proper
noto packages.

At least a quick look
(https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=NotoSansOldHungarian-Regular.otf&mode=exactfilename&suite=unstable&arch=any)
suggests that this is not the case.