[libreoffice-documentation] What is data hierarchy in pivot table data field options?

Steve (GMail) stevemfanning.wh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 09:31:23 UTC 2020

Hi Celia,

Just for information, anything you attach to your email will be stripped
off again by this mailing list; we can't see your screenshot.

Nevertheless I fully understand your question. Unfortunately I do not
recall ever seeing the Hierarchy drop-down on the Data Field Options
dialog in any state other than grayed. I don't know what circumstances
might lead to it becoming available - maybe one of the developers could
have a look at the code to see? (email copied to Developers mailing
list)

I'll update the source material in the 7.0 Calc Guide if we can find the
answer.

Regards,

Steve Fanning