[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: many files

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Thu Feb 6 18:41:15 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 06, 2020 at 09:23:53AM +0100, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
>    I don't care much which of the jars contains the actual class files, as
>    long as we don't break backwards compatibility.

I agree.

>    But I would support adding an additional "uno.jar" (or "libreoffice.jar"),
>    which has ridl.jar, unoloader.jar, juh.jar etc on it's classpath.

Yeah.

Especially for distros (like the next Debian) where those libraries are
not hidden but due to the Java policy are actual packages depended on by
ure and libreoffice where needed:

$ dh_listpackages | grep java$
libunoil-java
libofficebean-java
libjuh-java
libridl-java
libunoloader-java
libjurt-java
$

Of course (and that is what I have local right now) I can make
libunoil-java and libjurt-java packages containing those jars as before
and depending on libridl-java but as said, this is mildly confusing.

A new libuno-java with a uno.jar would be cleaner.

Especially given the C++ libraries are named libuno_* (those are also
extra packages in the meanwhile):

$ dh_listpackages | grep libuno
libunoil-java
libuno-sal3