How to build only changed files

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Feb 12 20:19:09 UTC 2020

Hi,

mohamed sameh schrieb am 12-Feb-20 um 20:46:
> Hello, I have a question. if I change one or more files and want to run
> 'make' to check that the project still builds, do I have to run a
> complete build everytime which takes a lot of time or is there a way to
> only build the affected files only ?
> Thanks

If your change is only inside one module, you can use <modulname>.build,
e.g.

make svx.build

or in case of Windows

/opt/lo/bin/make svx.build

That is only while developing. When you think you are finished, then you
need a complete build to be sure, that no unit tests are broken.

Find more about it on

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GenericBuildingHints

Kind regards

Regina