ESC meeting minutes: 2020-02-13

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Fri Feb 14 12:06:51 UTC 2020

Luboš Luňák kirjoitti 14.2.2020 klo 14.01:
> On Friday 14 of February 2020, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
>> Luboš Luňák kirjoitti 14.2.2020 klo 13.52:
>>>    And FWIW I find the idea of paying somebody external to do a
>>> fire&forget conversion rather scary. I'll rather deal with gbuild than
>>> with that (and I say that as somebody who's dealt with that in
>>> sc/source/opencl).
>>
>> That is not what was proposed.
>
>   Not by you, but according to the minutes it was.

The minutes I wrote say:
     + if there is interest in principle, we can seek independent
funding for a prototype
     + prototype would make it easier to evaluate benefits

Then Stephan was minuted as being opposed to the idea of paying external
devs to do a *full* migration. Nobody is pushing this idea, so there is
no need to be scared even in theory.

Ilmari