Tracing where build time is spent

Luboš Luňák l.lunak at collabora.com
Tue Feb 18 09:35:43 UTC 2020

On Monday 17 of February 2020, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 17/02/2020 15:15, Michael Stahl wrote:
> > jenkins would very likely benefit from -Og with few if any downside.
>
> Optimization is already orthogonal to the generation of debug
> information in the build system, so enabling it for Jenkins builds
> should just be a matter of adding --enable-optimized to the appropriate
> files in distro-configs/Jenkins/.

 https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/88917 and follow-ups.

 Since -Og was enabled for debug builds at one point in the
past, --enable-optimized=debug could be also for those who are willing to try
it for their builds. Seeing how much longer that makes things build here with
Clang+PCH (+70% on starmath), I think I do not see it worth it myself.

--
 Luboš Luňák
 l.lunak at collabora.com