Calc keyboard shortcuts

Stephen Fanning stevemfanning.wh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 20:05:58 UTC 2020

 I am working in The Documentation Team and am currently collating
information about Calc’s keyboard shortcuts.

Please could anybody comment on any or all of the following issues relating
to the implementation of keyboard shortcuts in Calc? These queries have
arisen using LO 6.4.0.3 (x64) on Windows 10.

(1) The key combination Ctrl+Shift+C appears to be a shortcut equivalent to
the menu interaction Edit > Track Changes > Record. Is there any reason why
this shortcut is not shown on the relevant menu option?
(2) Can anybody get the key combination Ctrl+Alt+E to work on Windows 10?
It works fine on Linux where is is equivalent to Tools> Extension Manager
and displays the Extension Manager dialog.
(3) The key combination Ctrl+U appears to be a shortcut to Format > Text >
Single Underline but is not shown on the relevant menu option. Should it be
shown there? (Note – if you hover over the underline button in the
Formatting toolbar, then the Ctrl+U shortcut is displayed in the tooltip).
(4) The key combination Ctrl+` appears to be a shortcut to View > Show
Formula. (The ` character is located adjacent to the number 1 on my
keyboard; it may be called a “grave accent”.) The relevant menu option
identifies the corresponding shortcut as just Ctrl, which is not correct.
Should the legend on the menu button be corrected?
(5) Is it intentional that the keyboard shortcut to View > Show Formula is
not mentioned in the Tools > Customize > Keyboard list of shortcuts?
(6) Why is the F1 shortcut to Help not listed in the Tools > Customize >
Keyboard list of shortcuts?

I suspect that I might need to raise some bugs but wondered whether anybody
had any thoughts before I do so.

Regards,

Steve Fanning