help in writing tests

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Sun Jan 26 18:17:54 UTC 2020

Hi Shivam,

Shivam Kumar Singh schrieb am 26-Jan-20 um 18:24:

> Also ,  tdf123684 is very similar to tdf123841 , Check for an object and
> inspect
> its style to be FillStyle_NONE, I used the code and have submitted a patch
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/87440
> and here is the build
> https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/gerrit_master/48393/
> I may be wrong in both the approaches.
> Please have a look , and suggest me furthur steps.

Do you have tested, that the test fails, if your original patch is not
applied?

The problem in the bug report was, that someone changed the values of
the properties of the default styles in core. The default styles in core
are used, if a new document is generated. If the document is then saved,
all values are inside the stored file. And from now on these values are
used.

Therefore it makes no sense to load an existing document. It will have
whatever was current, when the document was saved. You need to generate
a new document and inspect the style "Object without fill".

If you use the document directly, a <style::XStyleFamiliesSupplier>
gives you access to the styles.

Miklos suggestion was, not to use the document directly, but insert a
shape and inspect the shape then. But his proposal starts with "create a
new document" too.

So the way to go is, first try to create a new document.

Kind regards
Regina