About First contribution

Muhammet Kara muhammet.kara at collabora.com
Thu Jan 30 11:29:27 UTC 2020

Hello Abhishek,

First of all, please be informed that although LibreOffice has been
participating for a number of years at GSoC, the mentoring organizations
for GSoC 2020 have not been announced yet.

Anyway, to contribute to LibreOffice code-base, you can start by
following the steps described here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved

As you will also see on the page linked above, we have a number of
easyHacks (bug reports suitable for new developers). Starting by solving
a number of 'Beginner' easyHacks, and then switching to 'Interesting'
easyHacks seems like a proper course to follow.

For GSoC applications, you are required to solve at least one
'Interesting' easyHack. (Preferrably an easyHack related to your GSoC
proposal.)

List of Easy Hacks by required Skill:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/EasyHacks/by_Required_Skill

The GSoC Ideas page: