Problems in building libre-office

Regis Perdreau regis.perdreau at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 00:05:28 UTC 2020

Hi,
Welcome in the long compilation process of LibreOffice. No pain, no gain.
Just kidding.

Don't know your OS, assuming it's linux. (quite similar on windows)

Check you have all commits in your local repository with "git pull -r"
Sometime the compilation failed because the repository is not fully updated.

Guess your CPU overheated probably.

You can try to reduce the number of cores used by the process with
./autogen.sh --with-parallelism=n (where n is your number of cores, try n-1)
(best put this parameter in a autogen.input file for further use).

You can try to build only the module where the compilation failed with
make 'modulename' (in my own experience, it's usually sc sw for hoverheat
trouble)
Check the trigram for the name of the module, something like [SC],[SW]  at
the beginning of the numerous lines displayed by the compilation process.
May be this link will help you :
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux

I let core developers to add something.

Régis Perdreau