Error in Building Libreoffice

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Sat Jul 4 09:42:15 UTC 2020

Please keep the list as CC, so others can follow the conversation and reply.

Am 04.07.20 um 10:55 schrieb anshu khare:
> I followed this documentation
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows
>
> On running
>
>  /cygdrive/c/sources/libo-core/autogen.sh \
>                --with-external-tar=/cygdrive/c/sources/lo-externalsrc \
>                --with-junit=/cygdrive/c/sources/junit-4.10.jar \
>                --with-ant-home=/cygdrive/c/sources/apache-ant-1.9.5 \
>
> --enable-pch --disable-ccache \
> in the Cygwin shell, I get the following error:
>
> checking for al.exe... configure: error: al.exe not found as /al.exe
> Error running configure at /cygdrive/c/sources/libo-core/autogen.sh line
> 299.

Please re-check the installed MSVS 2019 components listed in the
article. al.exe is supposed to be part of the ".NET Framework SDK",
which should always be installed AFAIK. LO supports v4.6 to v4.8, which
seems to include all versions installable by the MSVS installer.

If the ".NET Framework SDK" is installed, I suggest to ask on IRC for
further help debugging the problem. I guess analyzing this case will
become much more complicated.

Jan-Marek