CppunitTest: different results depending on execution command

Xisco Fauli xiscofauli at libreoffice.org
Tue Jul 28 14:26:13 UTC 2020


Setting the redline author back to 'Unknown Author' does the trick.

fixed in

@Michael, @Miklos, thanks for your help.

On 27/7/20 21:59, Xisco Fauli wrote:
> Hi Michael,
> That might explain why another unittest I created for tdf#132944 was
> also giving different results locally and in jenkins, See
> https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=132944#c10
> Do you know how I could reset the test to its original state?
> I tried to add something like this at the end of testRedlineViewAuthor
> const OUString aEmptyAuthor("");
> pView->SetRedlineAuthor(aEmptyAuthor);
> pDocShell->SetView(pView);
> or
> SwEditShell* const pEditShell(pDoc->GetEditShell());
> while(pEditShell->GetRedlineCount())
>     pEditShell->AcceptRedline(0);
> but the new unittest is still failing.
> Thanks in advance
> On 27/7/20 18:24, Michael Stahl wrote:
>> On 27.07.20 17:54, Xisco Fauli wrote:
>>> Hello Miklos,
>>> On 27/7/20 8:46, Miklos Vajna wrote:
>>>> Hi Xisco,
>>>> On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 07:51:30PM +0200, Xisco Fauli
>>>> <xiscofauli at libreoffice.org> wrote:
>>>>> as I mentioned yesterday in the ESC meeting, i'm working on a unittest
>>>>> that is passing for me locally but it fails in Jenkins. The patch is
>>>>> here: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/99214
>>>>> it turned out it passes when executed with 'make
>>>>> CppunitTest_sw_uiwriter
>>>>> CPPUNIT_TEST_NAME="testTdf132911::TestBody"' but fails when executed
>>>>> with 'make CppunitTest_sw_uiwriter'.
>>>>> Any idea why it passes when the test is executed alone and why it
>>>>> fails
>>>>> when not ?
>>>> Most probably one of the tests violate that invariant that none of the
>>>> test cases in a suite should alter the global state. You could try to
>>>> disable the tests from the suite, i.e. binary search what test causes
>>>> the problem. Hopefully you can find a single 2nd test that makes your
>>>> new test fail, and then that's easier to investigate that the whole
>>>> sw_uiwriter suite, which has 300+ test cases.
>>> After disabling some tests here and there, I found
>>> SwUiWriterTest::testRedlineViewAuthor is the one affecting the execution
>>> of the new test.
>>> I'm not sure why it's happening yet but I do believe it has to do with
>>> the view being set in
>>> https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/qa/extras/uiwriter/uiwriter.cxx?r=99d4bf94#5477
>>> I tried to add the following like at the end of the unittest but it
>>> didn't work:
>>> pDocShell->GetViewShell()->GetViewFrame()->GetDispatcher()->Execute(SID_CLOSEWIN,
>>> SfxCallMode::SYNCHRON);
>>> ( similar to destroyView in lokhelper <
>>> https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sfx2/source/view/lokhelper.cxx?r=2f72fa98#93
>>>> )
>>> Any idea what is happening and how to solve it? Otherwise I might go
>>> with your second solution and put the test somewhere else.
>> the problem is that it sets a different redline author; this causes
>> different paths to be taken in AppendRedline() with checks like
>> pRedl->IsOwnRedline(*pNewRedl).
>> btw i think i'll revert the fix for that bug because i accidentally
>> wrote a different fix for it last week (and now i know why that one
>> only worked on my master build, because guess what, it has a user-name
>> set for some different bug so the redline author name isn't "Unknown
>> Author"...), and today i found out why the 2 commits don't like each
>> other.
>> _______________________________________________
>> LibreOffice mailing list
>> LibreOffice at lists.freedesktop.org
>> https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

Xisco Faulí
LibreOffice QA Team
IRC: x1sc0

More information about the LibreOffice mailing list