Building LO from source

Muhammet Kara muhammet.kara at collabora.com
Fri Jun 12 21:15:27 UTC 2020

Hi Ismet,

On 6/12/20 3:04 PM, Ismet Bahadir wrote:
> Thank you everyone,
>
> Sorry for the spam e-mails. I'm trying to get a hold of this. As you
> suggested, I installed a new CentOS. This is the os-release result:
>
> NAME="CentOS Linux"
> VERSION="8 (Core)"
> ID="centos"
> ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
> VERSION_ID="8"
> PLATFORM_ID="platform:el8"
> PRETTY_NAME="CentOS Linux 8 (Core)"
> ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
> CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:centos:centos:8"
> HOME_URL="https://www.centos.org/"
> BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.centos.org/"
>
> CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT="CentOS-8"
> CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT_VERSION="8"
> REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="centos"
> REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="8"
>
> However, this command fails: "*dnf builddep libreoffice*"

How does it fail?

> Is it OK to use Ubuntu? I was able to install all dependencies under
> Ubuntu.
>
> BTW, this is the autogen.sh command I want to use. Is there any oddity?
>
> *./autogen.sh --with-distro=LibreOfficeLinux --with-package-format=deb
> --enable-epm --without-java --disable-postgresql-sdbc
> --disable-gstreamer --without-java --disable-postgresql-sdbc
> --disable-gstreamer --without-junit --without-help --without-doxygen
> --disable-odk --enable-debug --without-krb5
> --without-gssapi./autogen.sh --with-distro=LibreOfficeLinux
> --with-package-format=deb --enable-epm --without-java
> --disable-postgresql-sdbc --disable-gstreamer --without-java
> --disable-postgresql-sdbc --disable-gstreamer --without-junit
> --without-help --without-doxygen --disable-odk --enable-debug
> --without-krb5 --without-gssapi*

Except from the (accidental?) double paste, I see repeating params like
'*--disable-gstreamer*' at 2 different places. And I would make sure I
really need all the '--without-*' and "--disable-*" params. Some might
impact certain functionalities/features or extensions.

Best,
Muhammet