About MacOs future with ARM

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 24 13:41:03 UTC 2020

On 24/06/2020 14:40, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> See core.git commit 235fa0334e0b45c736b636ba1689e2f8c7458697 for an
> example on what amount of work it is to port to a new CPU architecture.
> I imagine the first step would be doing that. Then you can start
> discussion about what builds are or are not provided.

I suppose it could a first step but before this, we should estimate the
global cost before beginning anything. But first thing is : does TDF
want to maintain MacOS release (double release with Intel part during
some years) or does it want to leave it to other suites (Collabora,
NeoOffice, whatever) ? (I've got no opinion here, I'm just asking).

Indeed, no need someone spends some time (I don't know how much time it
can take for someone who knows this part) on this part if the files just
going to rot some years before some cleaning.

Julien