ESC meeting minutes: 2020-03-05: Android Viewer

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Fri Mar 6 16:35:19 UTC 2020

On 05/03/2020 16.38, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> >    + Android viewer: core.git java viewer is currently
broken on master
> >      + both arch64 and x86 (crash on doc load, will investigate)
> >      + have
2 changes in gerrit attempting to fix these problems
> > (Michael W)
>
> Merged now (and a 3rd patch
for aarch64 in addition):

Sadly, on a Samsung J3 running adroid 8.0.0, running the daily build
master~2020-03-05_23.57.27_LibreOfficeViewer-strippedUIEditing-debug.apk,
which include the 3 commits you cited, I still see crashes (spinning
wait-icon for a long time; go-back triggers message "LibreOffice
Viewer keeps stopping.  (X) Close App").

This happens for the three files offered from the About menu, a .odt
and a .ods that I have around, and new "untitled.odt".

BTW, I wonder if there is a bug report which would be a better place
for this discussion.  Some near-candidates are
    123290  android- cannot open files with writer (Android 9)
    127540  menu About > Show License crashes
    129348  Can't open files (new and existing) using the android app
but each of them is already RESOLVED.  I suspect that there are more
possibilities.

Thanks,
Terry.