[LOK] Rendering spreadsheets, threaded rendering

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Mon Mar 9 08:12:53 UTC 2020

Hi Alexander,

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 09:19:04AM +0000, Alexander Komakhin <a.komakhin at omprussia.ru> wrote:
> I'm developing document viewer for corporate mobile OS Aurora. It's
> Linux based(kernel 3.10.49), gcc is 4.9.4, LO 6.1.6.3
>
> Using paintPartTile to render separate lists of XLS document draws an
> area of empty cells near the content itself, can I somehow tell LO to
> "ensure only data visible"? Also, rendering such big area takes a lot
> of time (using mobile device).

See core.git 91a3f58ec3ac7998688cab665322d26d5aa3b015 for a way to get
this behavior, I guess that still works.

> Btw, are functions paint*Tile reentrant? Can I call them from separate
> threads?

I think you can call these functions from multiple threads, given that
internally they all take the solar mutex at their start. So no harm, but
you won't get any speedup, either.

Regards,

Miklos