[Libreoffice-qa] ESC meeting minutes: 2020-03-05

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 09:25:50 UTC 2020

On 06/03/2020 16:31, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> And i think https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/88833 should then be
> done, too, as it makes it more clear (what is a "subsequentcheck"?) and
> would be a good rationale to rename
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libreoffice-subsequentcheckbase
> to something sane (that one is used for in the autopkgtests which run
> the junit tests against a installed (in /usr/lib/libreoffice) LO)

I'm not sure I understand you.  subsequentcheck is orthongonal to
JUnitTest.  There are JUnitTests that are not in subsequentcheck, and
there are tests other than JUnitTests that are in subsequentcheck.

(For mostly historical reasons, the difference between unitcheck and
subsequentcheck is that the latter depends on a fully populated instdir
before running its tests.  After the transition from the two-stage
dmake-based build system to gbuild was completed, this could have been
cleaned up, moving the relevant dependencies into the individual tests.
But then again, the distinction between unitcheck and subsequentcheck
continued to look somewhat useful, to have a default make target that
runs some but not all of the tests.  Now that that odd default make
target is going away, it should indeed become possible to drop the
distinction between unitcheck and subsequentcheck.)