Convert to PDF blank page issue with v6.2.6 on Ubuntu

Lanzer, Andy Andy.Lanzer at LibertyMutual.com
Tue Mar 17 12:58:19 UTC 2020

I am having a conversion issue from an odf (writer) file to pdf.
When the headless conversion is done with v6.2.x or v6.3.x on ubuntu, a blank page is left at the end of the document.  When the same conversion is run against v5.4 on Alpine or Ubuntu, or v6.x on OSX the blank page does not occur.
The blank page does not show up in all cases but some conditions.

Initial info

Blank page appearing at end of document when converted to PDF.

I have recently upgraded from LibreOffice 5.4 to 6.2.  When we convert a .odf document to PDF a blank page is getting appended in some circumstances.  The blank page does not have a footer on it where we have a footer defined for the document.  With version 5.4 we do not see this behavior.

The environment in use is

Amazon AWS

Springboot Application

JODConverter with local manager

LibreOffice

LibreOffice is used to convert from .odf to .pdf

LibreOffice 5.4.5 run with an Alpine AWS image (3.7)

LibreOffice 6.2 run with an Ubuntu AWS image (Xenial)

Link to discussion on ask Libre

https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/232959/unwanted-blank-page-at-end-of-pdf-after-libreoffice-upgrade/

Please ask if any additional information is needed.
I have source odf files and generated pdf files for configurations/cases that work and ones where the blank page is present.

Thanks
Andy Lanzer