Reasonable boost baseline?

Tomáš Chvátal tomas.chvatal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 13:22:57 UTC 2020

Hi,

We use system boost on SUSE systems and whenever the release is done I make
sure it works with old boosts.

We have boost 1.66.0 on SLE15 and all Leap 15 series will have that boost
until SLE16 is released.

On SLE12 which we still provide the latest libreoffice we use 1.54.0.

I actually created updates yesterday for both SLE12/15 and openSUSE
yesterday for 6.4.2 to provide there and it went just fine.

Well as the has_value was so trivial I rather backported the functionality
to the old boost but in past years I had to fix quite few misses as the
gerrit usually just tests with bundled boost which I would rather avoid.

So in sum SLE12 is out of the interest of the community but if you raise it
to anything higher than 1.66.0 you exclude LO native build from openSUSE
releases.

Cheers

Tom

so 21. 3. 2020 v 12:28 odesílatel Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>