RFC: Sane rectangle class

Thorsten Behrens thb at libreoffice.org
Tue Mar 24 14:49:35 UTC 2020

Luboš Luňák wrote:
>  I'm confused. I wrote that I find the API bad and that it would probably
> require writing it again from scratch. You call that tweaking?

Ain't that much code, so yeah, tweaks..

>  How is this bike-shedding? Discussing the code will get much harder
> without handling the basic design first.

Yeah but that design is harder to discuss in the abstract, vs. some at
least header file draft somewhere. ;)

> > Ugh. Really, at the end of any effort here should be the removal of
> > tools/gen.hxx. ;)
>
>  That's realistically unlikely to happen in years, and for it to
> happen there actually needs to be any successful effort, which is
> more likely to happen if it's split into smaller more manageable
> steps.

Sure. I just don't want any new code (that's supposed to stay) ending
up in tools. And graphics algorithms and data types belong to basegfx,
really - regardless if they start with b2i or not. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten