remove attribute table:cell-range-address at <chart:plot-area> element in ODF 1.4

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Tue Mar 31 14:56:59 UTC 2020

Hi all,

the ODF TC is going to remove table:cell-range-address as attribute from
the <chart:plot-area> element. This attribute is already marked as
"deprecated" in ODF 1.2. [1]

I have made some tests in Calc, Impress and Writer, where I have removed
the attribute manually from the files. I have found no difference, when
open that file then.

In times of OOo1, with own old XML format, this attribute was used to
distinguish whether a chart references external data or uses its
internal table.

Excel does not write this attribute at all.

Does anyone know, whether there exists a scenario (besides sx* import
filter) where it makes a difference for LibreOffice, whether the
attribute exists or not?

Kind regards
Regina

[1] https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3741