Where to find oldest Linux (BSD?) distribs that LO wants to support? (=> ODBC simplification?)

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Thu May 14 11:53:43 UTC 2020

Hello,

I've heard about CentOS but don't know if LO must be compatible with CentOS
6 (released in 2011) or another version.
More generally, where can I find this kind of information?

The point here would be to simplify odbc management.
Indeed, today we try to load libodbc.so.2, then  libodbc.so.1, then
libodbc.so (see
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3f5584526fd4e8290dac033e1cf3d64acd25d893)
Then instead of using plain ODBC functions, we use calls to
"osl_getFunctionSymbol" + indirections to call ODBC functions (eg:
"N3SQLFetchScroll" instead of "SQLFetchScroll"), etc.
See
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/connectivity/source/drivers/odbc/OFunctions.cxx?r=11785217

Regards,

Julien