Where to find oldest Linux (BSD?) distribs that LO wants to support? (=> ODBC simplification?)

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Thu May 14 13:10:06 UTC 2020

Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote
> https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/master/README.md
>
> Linux:
>
> Runtime: RHEL 7 or CentOS 7
> Build: either GCC 7.0.0; or Clang 5.0.2 with libstdc++ 7.3.0
>
> Currently our Linux build baseline is most behind regarding shiny C++
> features, so I would expect it to be the next one to be raised.

Great!
According to https://centos.pkgs.org/7/centos-x86_64/10/, it includes
unixODBC 2.3.1
This version includes libodbc.so.2
Quotation from http://www.unixodbc.org/:
"
 28.Nov.2011 	2.3.1 Released

Mainly bug fixes.
Major change is to change the library version number from 1 to 2 to signal
the SQLLEN change for 64 land. Should have been done for 2.3.0, but better
late than never. So if after installing you have apps that can't find
libodbc.so, its likely they are linked to libodbc.so.1, so just create a
symlink from libodbc.so.2
"

Lionel: what about dumping libodbc.so.1 and libodbc.so ?

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html