About consumption of GDI

Mike Kaganski mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Wed May 20 12:43:32 UTC 2020

On 18.05.2020 12:23, julien2412 wrote:
> I made this test:
> - launch Writer
> - type 3 words and use a different font for each of them
> - export in pdf
>
> Using GDIView, it seems that each time I export in PDF, the number of GDI
> increases.

I seem to confirm increasing GDI handle count; in fact, I didn't need to
type or change fonts; it was reproducible for me using a clean new
document. Also it was not specific for PDF export: the same was
happening when I simply used File->Save As. The increase (nAfter -
nBefore; after waiting a few seconds for the count settles after the
spike) was 2 or 3 each time.

On the other hand, it didn't happen when I use File->Open dialog. I
assume it might be something about our custom controls that we inject
into the Save As dialog - do we free their resources correctly?

I didn't debug it, though.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski