ScriptForge

Mike Kaganski mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 16:29:29 UTC 2020

On 05.11.2020 19:19, Jean-Pierre Ledure wrote:
> Hi Mike,

Hi Jean-Pierre!

> well, I'm  now in the middle of the process ... ??
>
> I have pushed a number of NEW source files (Basic & Python) and have
> still 2 commits to go. (Note that I have committer's access).
>
> Afterwards I have 1 commit which updates 6 (make/config/...) files
> existing already in the source tree.
>
> Is it fair to say that the last commit should be reviewed ?

I don't know the definite answer to this question. Personally I would
not stop it in the middle; but it's a pity that it has started like
that. We have the project's overall policy of using Gerrit review for
everything; and there should be *really* serious reasons to skip it.

> - who will be the reviewer ?

Gerrit review does not imply that your changes must have someone else's
review. You are welcome to review it yourself, with +2 and push from
you. But the Gerrit step allows (1) to have an automated test on
different platforms; (2) to have a place where we can have *subsequent*
discussion if needed - e.g., wrt some parts needing change, or some
regressions, or whatever topic could arise... and that is actually too
important to skip.

> - what is the git command to push for review ? Is it git push origin
> mybranch:refs/for/master ?

I see Buovjaga has beaten me to it :-)

--
Best regards,