Question about clang-format rules

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Sat Nov 7 08:46:49 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'd like to know what to do when during trying to commit locally, I got a
message indicating:
"The above differences were found between the code to commit
and the clang-format rules. You can apply these changes with:..."

1) Should I clang-format the patch but it means it'll make it harder to
review (to distinguish the real changes from format changes) ?

2) Should I first upload a patch just after having used clang-format rules
on files I wanted to patch? (it'll slow down the arrival of the useful
patch)

3) Excluding the files from rules checking but same pb as 2°

4) Other?

Indeed, I used --no-verify and could commit then submitted the patch but
Jenkins complained then (eg https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/105267)
so this option seems useless to me.

Julien

--