CppunitTest_vcl_svm_test issues a strange warning on Windows

Mike Kaganski mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 10:14:04 UTC 2020

Hi!

Since recently, I see CppunitTest_vcl_svm_test consistently failing for
me on master building for Windows 64-bit.

Debugging that, I found something that seems possibly unrelated, but
strange. There is a warning during the test:

> warn:legacy.osl:17836:25216:tools/source/generic/poly.cxx:1812: Polygon::getB2DPolygon: Invalid source polygon (!)

That warning is because point 1 has flags equal to 'PolyFlags::Control',
while point 2 has different flags value ('PolyFlags::Smooth'). And
Polygon::getB2DPolygon checks that, considering it an error.

But that is exactly what is set in SvmTest::testPolyLine. Tomaž had
created that test in commit 61af2bae8d3cdf0e7acfa9e49224ca5afcdd38dc. So
is that expected that we pass a polygon in a test that is considered
invalid? The test name doesn't seem to indicate that it tests some edge
case...

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski