FastSaxParser ans XFastParser

Noel Grandin noelgrandin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 07:22:25 UTC 2020

Hi

So...

(*) XFastParser is "just" an interface, specifically, one of our UNO interfaces.

(*) Which means that the XFastParser header files are generated from the XFastParser.idl file in offapi/

(*) FastSaxParserImpl is the implementation of the XFastParser interface

(*) There are other things that implement the XFastParser interface, but mostly they just pass through to FastSaxParserImpl.

(*) internally, FastSaxParserImpl uses the SAX API that is part of libxml2, which is an external package/library that we use

(*) libxml2 is documented here: http://www.xmlsoft.org/

(*) XFastParser is fairly complicated because it is intended to be a high-performance parser, for loading large
spreadsheets and documents and the like.

Regards, Noel