LibreLogo Question and Need for Help

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu Sep 3 14:18:52 UTC 2020

I am looking for someone who knows of LibreLogo embedded in LibreOffice
and programming in LibreLogo through LibreOffice Writer. Is there anyone
on this list who could give a demonstration for our LibreWaterloo
(Canada) LibreOffice Support group? Or perhaps just let me know where I
could possibly find more information on the command set for the
LibreOffice's flavour of Logo?

FYI, I taught Logo in a FR school system in Canada approx. 15yrs ago and
had great success with kids of age 4 through 13. The oldest group in
grade 8, for their final project, had to create their own font in Logo
and demo the whole font set with fly-in/out routines. My 4yr olds were
accompanied by their teachers to the computer lab and also learned Logo
along with the kids. The project was so successful that a school board
official visited to see proof of 4yr-old kids programming at the
computer -- they could not believe that such young kids could program.
The project was later closed down due to the lack of funds. But, the
end-result was that, we had proof that the younger kids of
"pre-kindergarten" age through our Canadian Grade 8 level kids could
easily learn programming and all of the kids were very active at
programming when they were taught Logo.

*** Note that the LibreLogo.org site is/was supposed to be the location
where one would get information, however, it is no longer responding,
but the domain is still being renewed. Does anyone know who owns the
site and is that person part of the LibreOffice membership?

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré