ESC meeting minutes: 2020-09-10

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Mon Sep 14 11:39:57 UTC 2020

Hi Jan-Marek,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 12:48:54PM +0200, Jan-Marek Glogowski <glogow at fbihome.de> wrote:
> I did Android builds, but I didn't change the config. If I change
> autogen.input, I hit the same error.

OK, so it's not my broken setup, good.

> bibisecting points to commit 42aeb9f906ca4e23d118ff8563184f9315ef3b82. I
> expected fallout from it, but this result is kind of a mystery. It seems
> a revert of it fixes the problem.
>
> My current guess is, that my OVERWRITING_SETTINGS "shortcut" to prevent
> going via *_FOR_BUILD variables somehow triggers this, but no idea how
> and why... maybe some clashes with some internal configure state?

I guess there are 2 problems here:

1) auto-re-running configure fails

2) even if you re-run configure manually, the auto-re-run will still
happen.

Not sure of both are a problem since the above commit. :-)

Perhaps 2) is easier to debug. I don't understand why we try to
auto-re-run when autogen.sh was invoked manually. Does it not update
the timestamp of some stamp file?

Thanks,

Miklos