Gdb + deprecated Python + gdb._execute_unwinders function is missing

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 16 06:52:32 UTC 2020

Hello,

Since yesterday and I don't know why, when launching make debugrun, I got:
mkdir -p /home/julien/lo/libreoffice/instdir
/home/julien/lo/libreoffice/solenv/bin/install-gdb-printers -a
/home/julien/lo/libreoffice/instdir -c
make -j 12  -rs -f /home/julien/lo/libreoffice/Makefile.gbuild   debugrun
Python Exception <class 'DeprecationWarning'> the imp module is deprecated
in favour of importlib; see the module's documentation for alternative uses:
gdb: warning:
Could not load the Python gdb module from `/usr/share/gdb/python'.
Limited Python support is available from the _gdb module.
Suggest passing --data-directory=/path/to/gdb/data-directory.

Once I get gdb command and type run --calc, I got, lots of this kind:
Starting program: /home/julien/lo/libreoffice/instdir/program/soffice.bin
--calc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/julien/lo/libreoffice/instdir/program/libuno_sal.so.3-gdb.py",
line 14, in <module>
    import gdb
  File "/usr/share/gdb/python/gdb/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
    from imp import reload
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/imp.py", line 31, in <module>
    warnings.warn("the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; "
DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; see
the module's documentation for alternative uses
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6.0.28-gdb.py",
line 18, in <module>
    import gdb
  File "/usr/share/gdb/python/gdb/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
    from imp import reload
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/imp.py", line 31, in <module>
    warnings.warn("the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; "
DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; see
the module's documentation for alternative uses

and at the end:
Python Exception <class 'NameError'> Installation error:
gdb._execute_unwinders function is missing:
Python Exception <class 'NameError'> Installation error:
gdb._execute_unwinders function is missing:

I'm on Debian testing updated every day.
I installed python3-gdbm and python3-gdbm-dbg

I runned "./autogen.sh && make clean && make" just to be sure there wasn't
any wrong remnants.

Any idea?

Julien

--