LTO on Windows now working

Noel Grandin noelgrandin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 07:53:55 UTC 2020

On 2020/09/25 9:49 am, Luboš Luňák wrote:
> On Friday 25 of September 2020, Noel Grandin wrote:
>>

>> No, just the merged library.
>
>   So we do not use LTO even for our other libraries? Building all of them with
> LTO would be most probably a waste of time, but e.g. for things like libsc it
> could very well be worth it.

I could be wrong and we are using it there too, the logic is somewhat convoluted and the effect(s) depend on the platform.

Microsoft Windows is actually easier in this regard - the linker and the compiler are installed together, and therefore
always in sync.

Clang/gcc can be used with different linkers, and require linker plugins, which makes things..... entertaining