About tdf#138715 and future of Thunderbird address book support

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:10:48 UTC 2021

Le 10/12/2020 à 10:38, Tor Lillqvist a écrit :
> My recommendation would be to just drop the Thunderbird address book
> driver without any replacement.

I would be interested to know what replacement would be suggested instead ?

Currently, if I take macOS as my example, LO enters a crash/recovery
loop anytime any function execution in a macab connected ODB is
attempted (bug 126961).

ODBC connections are also broken (bug 138990).

Sure, macOS has built-in OS-provided sqlite3, but currently no way to
use it from within LO.

Currently, there is no way to create any sort of ODB file connecting to
one of the main addressbook formats (either native OS, or multi-OS) for
the macOS system.

Just my ha'penneth.

Alex