LO Community ex Vanilla and user expectations, impact and other points.

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:55:08 UTC 2021

Hi Alex, *,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 11:10 AM Alexander Thurgood
<alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> […]
> As we know, the "community" version provided by Collabora doesn't have
> the same functionality as the TDF download (e.g. no Java support,
> therefore no hsqldb support, no reportbuilder, etc).

Just to clarify this: Even if the version in the appstore was provided
by TDF, it would have the same limitations. As Michael pointed out
this is due to the Apple Appstore policy that doesn't allow external
dependencies. And bundling a whole JRE isn't all that attractive...

ciao
Christian