LibreOffice Fonts

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Apr 22 14:32:01 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-04-19 at 07:24 -0700, Carl Spitzer {L Juno} wrote:
> I have a large collection of free fonts I wish to add only to
> LibreOffice not to the entire Leap 15.2 system.  How do I do that.

Leap 15.2 is openSUSE and https://en.opensuse.org/Fonts is the generic
howto for adding fonts to openSUSE. Typically I'd expect a user to put
their personal fonts into ~/.fonts where it's available to all their
fontconfig using applications like LibreOffice.

But also libreoffice will additionally use fonts from its shared config
<install-dir>/share/fonts/truetype dir. If it's the openSUSE provided
libreoffice, I don't know for sure where the dir for that is, but
possibly /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/fonts/truetype

Looking at our code it suggests that we may also search in
~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/fonts for personal fonts which would then
only be visible to that users instance of LibreOffice