LO Community ex Vanilla and user expectations, impact and other points.

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Thu Apr 22 21:02:23 UTC 2021

Am 22.04.21 um 13:01 schrieb Alexander Thurgood:

[removed "identical" problematic examples]

> How is a QAer (other than myself as the original reporter) attempting to
> triage going to be able to tell which version of LO we are talking about
> here ? Both products have "Community" in the infobox.
>
> How will a user know what the difference is when asked ?

Nothing prevents us to extend the version string with additional info
(and also include the --with-vendor string into the version info list,
instead of the text above it?), like:

Version: 7.1.2.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 8a45595d069ef5570103caea1b71cc9d82b2aae4
CPU threads: 8; OS: Mac OS X 10.16; UI render: default; VCL: osx
Locale: fr-FR (fr_FR.UTF-8); UI: fr-FR
Calc: threaded
Vendor: The Document Foundation
Installer / Origin: Apple AppStore