A Query on a sudden increase in the bug dependency of LibreOffice

Hadi Jahanshahi hadi.jahanshahi at ryerson.ca
Mon Apr 26 19:16:12 UTC 2021

Dear developers,

I have a question regarding bug dependency in LibreOffice.
While I was studying the blocking and blocked bugs, I found that in
LibreOffice, after 2017, there is a sudden spike in the number of the found
dependencies [1 <https://arxiv.org/pdf/2011.05382.pdf>].
[image: image.png]
*Figure1- The monthly evolution of mean depth and degree of the Bug
Dependency Graph for the LibreOffice project (x-axis corresponds to the
year and *the *y-axis corresponds to the mean depth and degree of the
graph).*

May I ask what is the interpretation for that sudden increase? What
happened that developers started to find these many bug dependencies?

Thank you for your help in advance. I hope that I contacted the correct
list.
Best,
Hadi

--
Hadi Jahanshahi | Ph.D. Candidate | Researcher @ Data Science Lab
Department of Industrial Engineering at Ryerson University