Xml import / export from string

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 11:01:04 UTC 2021

Hi Dante,

On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 7:21 PM Dante Doménech <dante19031999 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello. I'm working right now at something that requires to be able to
> parse xml from and to a string / ustring ( or other as long as I can get
> back the string ) and does not pass by a file (just wasting writes of the
> harddisk and a performance issue).

Why not a SvMemoryStream instead of an OString (and definitely not an
OUString)?

> I'm using SvXMLExport and SvXMLImport.

For lightweight XML writing and parsing (small size, non performance
critical, no strict schema, non-parallel parsing) I prefer tools::XmlWriter
and tools::XmlWalker, which are just wrappers around libxml2. You didn't
describe what you want to use it for so it is hard to judge if it is
appropriate or not.

> If you know where in the code is an example it is also good.

See the tests in tools.

> Thank you for your time.

Regards, Tomaž