Week #9 Report GSoC Make SVM format independent of the VCL Metafile

Πανος Κοροβεσης panoskorovesis at outlook.com
Sun Aug 8 14:17:11 UTC 2021

Good evening,

This week I finished working on SvmWriter[1] on my local branch and all
that's left is for the remaining commits
to be merged.
I also replaced all instances of GDIMetaFile::Read[2],
ReadGDIMetaFile[3], GDIMetaFile::Write[4], WriteGDIMetaFile[5] with
the new read - write functionality, SvmReader::Read and SvmWriter::Write
respectively. These changes are
also in my local branch and will be merged after the ones from SvmWriter.

Code Pointers:

[1]
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/source/filter/svm/SvmWriter.cxx?r=620f9649

[2]
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/source/gdi/gdimtf.cxx?r=692c5df1#2732

[3]
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/source/gdi/gdimtf.cxx?r=692c5df1#2639

[4]
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/source/gdi/gdimtf.cxx?r=692c5df1#2740

[5]
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/source/gdi/gdimtf.cxx?r=692c5df1#2723

Next week TODO's:

1) Submit the remaining patches onto gerrit
2) Remove functions [2] until [5] from source code as they will be not
used anymore (after all the patches are merged)
3) Discuss with my mentors about the next steps!

Regards,
Panos Korovesis

PS: PS: Link the the previous report:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2021-August/087683.html