Can I submit patches from my colleagues?

Hossein Nourikhah hossein at libreoffice.org
Wed Aug 11 04:14:54 UTC 2021

Hello Jeff,

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 4:17 PM Jeff Huang <jeff at mail.ossii.com.tw>
wrote:
> Can I submit patches from my colleagues to LibreOffice Gerrit?
> This is our company license statement:
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2020-February/084572.html
> If I can do this, how can I do? Thank you.

Yes, you can submit the patches from your colleagues. There are two

1. Submit patches by yourself on behalf of them with your own email
address, and add this note in the commit description:

Co-authored-by: ... (Other person's name and email address)

2. Add multiple addresses to your Gerrit account, and submit the patches
using the email address you want. This is OK as long as the other email
is available in your Gerrit account. Every email address should be
verified by the owner.

On the other hand, we would be happy to see the people submit their
patches by themselves. The disadvantage of using a proxy for sending
patches is that there would be an indirect communication between the
reviewer(s) and the author. As you know, the author should get involved
in the submission process to do the changes and fixes suggested by the
reviewers before the submission is accepted and merged.

Regards,
Hossein

--
Hossein Nourikhah, Ph.D.
Developer Community Architect
Email: hossein at libreoffice.org
Wiki:  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Hossein
IRC:   hossein at libreoffice-dev room in LiberaChat Network
        irc://irc.libera.chat/#libreoffice-dev