Failure in VclTextTest::testSimpleText due to antialiasing (Linux)

Luboš Luňák l.lunak at collabora.com
Mon Dec 6 11:46:52 UTC 2021

On Saturday 04 of December 2021, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
> A mentee is running into a test failure on Ubuntu 21.10 (output below).
> The image produced by the test has a coloured fringe. Luboš commented on
> it:
>
> "Colors in AA mean that's AA for LCD.
> There's special code to handle that, I suppose the test should
> temporarily disable that for the text rendering."
>
> How can we achieve this?

 There's VCL's AntialiasingFlags::DisableText and the related OutputDevice
method to set it. If that alone doesn't work, then I guess you'd need to
debug why the setting is not followed when rendering text (that would be
generally the DrawTextLayout() function of the relevant VCL backend).

--
 Luboš Luňák
 l.lunak at collabora.com