Added some information about Qt Creator IDE integration to the wiki

Hossein Noorikhah hossein.ir at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 20:53:08 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 11:49 AM Michael Weghorn <m.weghorn at posteo.de> wrote:

> I just double-checked it works for me with newly generated files and a
> fresh Qt Creator profile taking these steps:
>
> 1. make sure Qt Creator is not running
>
> 2. Generate the IDE integration files:
>
>      make qtcreator-ide-integration

I went through the sequence, and nothing has changed. It's a question for
me: why do we need a fresh Qt Creator profile? In very rare situations, I had to
clean up this profile. Also, I usually do not re-run ./autogen.sh because I
didn't have any changes in the libs/configurations, and I only pulled the latest
master from the git repository. This time, I re-ran autogen.sh again, and again
nothing has changed.

But, now I know what you're doing. I thought that only lo.pro is generated, but
now I see that lo.pro.user is also being generated. That didn't help me, because
the used Qt kit was not ok. I saw a manual Qt kit which is used for the
configuration. It was called 'Replacement for "Desktop"', so I removed it and
reconfigured the project using the appropriate kit. In this case, I
had to add the
previously discussed configurations manually.

To create a viable solution that lasts even when you re-configure the project, I
think it is needed to put all the configuration in .pro files, and not in
.pro.user files, because they can be removed/changed at any time.

And for the contents of lo.pro, I still get "." as the first
subdirectory. I have to
manually change it to "../core".

I think these manual tweaks are necessary, at least for now.

Regards,
Hossein