About preparing migration towards gtk4

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 6 17:12:44 UTC 2021

On 06/01/2021 14:56, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> On 18/12/2020 21:46, julien2412 wrote:
>> Gtk4 has been released 2 days ago, I know that migration from a version to
>> another version is not a 1 month work, but thought it could be interesting
>> and it can't hurt the current state of LO to begin to prepare it by
> 	Then again - doing work to use more modern APIs sounds sensible -
> assuming that they are not too modern (I guess lots of them tend to get
> added when they developed gtk4 which is really very recently for those
> who care about APIs >6 months old ;-)

Thank you Michael for your feedback. I must recognize I just heard about
SolarMutex, Uno, etc. but even if I read during days the Uno
code/SolarMutex mechanism, I'll never have the patience to read the
related code (and above all I'm not smart enough to understand how it
works).

What I understand is there's a lot of work to do to be gtk4 compliant so
I suppose it's not too early at all to think about it considering the
changes it needs.

Hope gtk3 won't be deprecated too soon by Gnome :-)

Julien