Problems with shapes on right-to-left sheets

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Jan 6 18:18:07 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I'm investigating problems with shapes on right-to-left sheets.
Currently we have;

Save and reload of shapes on right-to-left sheets:
(A1) cell anchored: shape keeps its orientation
(A2) page anchored: shape is horizontal mirrored

Toggle between right-to-left and left-to-right (menu Sheet):
(B1) cell anchored: shape keeps its orientation
(B2) page anchored: shape is horizontal mirrored

The markup in ods-file saved by LibreOffice corresponds always to the
appearance of the shape when saving.

I consider A2 a bug, because a document should look the same after
opening as it was when saving.

I consider it a bug, that cell anchored (B1) and page anchored (B2)
shapes behave different when toggle the writing-mode of the sheet. But
I'm not sure, what behavior is meaningful in that case.

What is the intended behavior?

Kind regards
Regina