GSoC - Weekly Report - #4 - Table styles

Balázs Sántha santha.balazs at simonyi.bme.hu
Mon Jul 5 06:42:10 UTC 2021

Dear Community!

Last week, I have finished two things I was working on previously. Finally
been able to fix the bug, that caused to lose the table style setting when
drag&dropping or copying&pasting a table. You can see the patch here:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/118336
I still work on the ui test, but it will be done this week too.
Furthermore I have been able to build and run the feature/table-style
branch from 2013. I had many difficulties with the build.: The main problem
was that, my gcc version was too new, and apparantely the gcc versions are
not really comaptible backward. I wanted to have the gcc 4.8.5, because it
was released around 2013, but didn't found in any Focal Fossa repository.
Started to build the compiler from source, but I had no success with it.
Finally the solution was to install an Ubuntu 18.04 on a virtual machine,
which still had the 4.8.5 gcc in its repos, and been able to install it.
With the actual build itself had many other problems too, like "dot graph
is too large", which was solved by the flag "--disable-odk", or I needed to
use an older JDK version, because of some dependency issues. Finally the
build was successful, but for some reason one of the unit tests was failing
(due to some Java problems). Couldn't solve the root cause, so I builded
with "make build-nocheck". Finally the build was complete, but still
couldn't start LO. Needed to make the dev-install, but the install process
wanted to check the build, so wanted to build the problematic unit test
too. With the help of my mentor, I edited the Makefile, so the install
process didn't try to build, but only make the native install. Still
couldn't start LO because of some Java problems, but with the
"SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen" macro, finally been able to start the client.
This week I will finish the unit test of my latest patch, start to
research, what xml this branch, which in theory implemented real table
styles, really produce. Finish some measurements about the optimization of
docx import and start working on it too.

If you have any questions, ideas, thoughts or suggestions, please share
with me!

Regards,
Balázs Sántha, santhab