Week #4 and Week #5 Update - Sidebar
anshukhare50 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 08:07:27 UTC 2021
As I mentioned earlier, at the end of week 3, me and my mentors realized
that our approach of adding a second panel for CharacterStyles below the
panel of ParagraphStyles would make templdlg.cxx's code much more complex
and less maintainable in the future. Hence we decided to introduce a
In the middle of week 4, we had more meetings, where we discussed more
about the approach, as initially it was a bit unclear to me.Then I started
working on the implementation.
Then at the end of week 4, a nightmare came. Due to windows updates, the
project wasn't building on my laptop. Me and my mentors tried to resolve
it, but it didn't work. Then I had to switch to another old laptop for the
completion of my work. The old laptop wasn't fast enough to build the
project in a few hours. It was built in about 1.5 days.
In week 5, I totally worked on the implementation of the StyleList control.
Here is a link to my project :
Initially I thought that the project was not building on my laptop because
the windows installation was faulty. Hence I bought a new laptop, to see if
the installation succeeded on that. But it didn't succeed. This is how I
came to know, that currently some windows updates are going on with which
LibreOffice is incompatible.
Currently, I have introduced StyleList control. Our next step will be to
reuse my old patch (https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/116340) , to
place Character Styles under Paragraph Styles. However, this time the
implementation will be much more simpler due to the introduction of
Last, but not the least, I would like to thank my mentors for supporting me
throughout this whole process.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LibreOffice